Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday

The latest edition of Thankful Thursday...

1) I am so thankful my husband made it safely to his destination this morning. With a 6:40 AM flight scheduled, my dear husband stayed up way too late attempting to finish up some work. I have been sleeping on the couch the last couple nights because I've been sick and coughing. I was awakened at 4:00 AM to the sound of a crying toddler and then made my back down to my new sleeping quarters. I had a quick thought that I should just stay up and help David get out the door, but that thought quickly passed as the cough medicine I've been taking set in. Out of nowhere, I was again awakened at 5:40 AM with which I quickly rushed upstairs to awaken my slumbering hubby. Remembering how he had mentioned the night before he had to leave the house no later than 5:30, I knew it would be close. Indeed, he arrived in Texas this afternoon, safely and on time.

2) I am thankful for cough medicine. Lame huh? But really, that and Vitamin C are two staple products that I've been relying on for the last couple of days. Since being almost leveled this weekend but a nasty virus, I'm now starting to hit the upward slope. I am bummed though as this has put a major dent in my running. Walking upstairs lately has winded me, can't imagine what the treadmill will do.

3) My poor little nephew has found himself in quite a predicament. You can read my sister's post if you would like, but I am thankful he is doing OK - concerned of course, but thankful.

4) I am thankful for daughter's teachers at preschool who are taking time out of their lives to teach, nurture, and care for my little Mattea while she is not in my care. Mattea is loving her new school and I am thankful there is a safe place that she can go to learn the "necessities" but also learn about God and his plan for us. Praise God for those wonderful hearts.

5) And last but not least, I am so thankful for my wonderful family whom I get so frustrated with at times, but love more than life itself. We have created such a wonderful little family here and I am more than thankful for the life God has given me. When I think back at the decisions I could have chosen, I am flabbergasted at where I have ended up. It is amazing how life changes when you let God lead.

Anybody else want to share what they are thankful for? especially as we enter this Thanksgiving week?

1 comment:

Kim said...

Sounds like you are having a really rough time with sickness--hope you are feeling better, soon--and I completely agree-thank goodness for good meds!! Thanks for your thoughts for Bennett. We are headed back to the clinic tomorrow morning. The spot is not getting bigger, but it's starting to bubble out more. Will keep you updated!