Monday, November 3, 2008

Empty Me

If you haven't noticed, I have added a new song to my playlist. It is a song by Jeremy Camp - Empty Me.
I have this song downloaded to my IPOD and happened to be running to it today. (Let me tell you a secret - part of the reason that I have been running so far these days is because I have turned my time on the treadmill into my praise and worship hour. I have a bunch of great Christian songs playing and I just run my little heart out - sometimes mouthing along the words, and sometimes raising my hands in praise - imagine what the lady next to me thinks) Anyways, that has turned into my time. When the song came on today, I took some time to listen - NO REALLY LISTEN - to the words. I would encourage you to do the same. I won't print the lyrics, but I would love for you to take a minute and listen to the entire song.
Jeremy Camp has an amazing story that both Dave and I were fortunate to hear when we lived in Albuquerque. We actually were lucky enough to see him perform. What an amazing man of God. I think I have officially adopted this song as my theme for the month.
Lord, empty me.

Holy fire burn away
My desire for anything
That is not of you and is of me
I want more of you
And less of me

Jeremy Camp - Empty Me

No comments: