Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday

This week I have so much to be thankful for - here is an abbreviated list..

1) I am sooo thankful for children's Tylenol. Paloma is not feeling good and has come down with a pretty significant cold (probably because her mother made her stand outside in chilly weather in order to vote - twice may I add since the line was so long the first time.)

2) I am thankful for the democracy that the United States has which enables us to freely vote for the chosen leader of our country. Although some are excited, others are dreadfully disappointed, I am thankful that I was able to truly be a part of history this week.

3) I am thankful for the rational behavior of some Christians during this week of mind boggling events. I know many people - Christian and Non christian - are disappointed in the election results and have exhibited behaviors that are down right embarrassing to our nation. The world is watching - and when irrational behavior is publicized, I am mortified to be a part of it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but the Christian radio station that I listen to broadcast on Wed that people were calling in using profanity and saying very hurtful things. This behavior is ridiculous - whether you are upset or not - and I am so thankful that there are people who will use this "upset" to hit their knees in prayer. For the record - I am not upset by this week's events - God knew the outcome before we did.

4) I am thankful for energy drinks and coffee since this week it has been a regular part of my diet. Dave and I have been getting NO sleep due to sickness and Daylight Savings Time.

5) I am thankful for my sister - who today turned 29! Although she is a bit under the weather, hopefully she'll be able to celebrate in style this weekend. As 30 approaches she should just be thankful to still be in her 20's. Some of us can't say the same.

Wishing you a great week

No comments: