Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Big Kill

I just received word about an hour ago that David successfully shot and killed his first elk less than 8 hours into his first hunt since college. We are thrilled that our freezer will be stocked with pounds and pounds of au natural meet that is processed "organically" with absolutely no hormones, preservatives, or fillers.

After pulling poor Bambi out of the woods for about 2 miles, she is now hanging in some guys freezer awaiting butchering. I really can't believe I am being so flippant about this - because I really find the whole process quite disturbing. But, my family will be saving a ton of money, eating really lean meat, and helping control the elk population. Can't really ask much more than that. A huge congratulations to David. Yeah!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Dave! I can't wait to hear all about it.

M

Kim said...

Way to go, Dave! I still say you need to have it hanging in your garage to get the FULL hunting experience :-)

MerrandaVK said...

YAY! We get some great organic meat, and I too, can't stand to buy store stuff..

Now I am in the mood for Nachos...(after reading your previous post)