Monday, October 20, 2008

About Me - Part 2

So, I am ready to divulge a bit more information about myself in order for y'all to get to know me better. Here is part 2 of "About Me."

1) My previous jobs before becoming a nurse included: working at Burger King, working at Dairy Queen, working as a pharmacy technician, waitressing at North Country Steak Buffet & Outback Steakhouse. I look at the list and chuckle because each one of them has their own special story.
*Burger King - my very first job. I had no idea what I was doing and so that is why they had me stand at the bun machine and feed buns through all night long. It is here that I met my very good friends Jill and Merranda.
*Dairy Queen - oh this was a fun job. Merranda went first and then I followed. It was so fun learning to make Dilly Bars and Buster Bars. At the end of the night we always ate the mistakes. I worked with a great group of people whom I miss dearly. It is also here where I met my first boyfriend Jeff. Watching that long haired juggler make an ice cream cone made my heart melt - of course, I moved on to bigger and better things.
*Outback Steakhouse - this was by far the best and worst job I've ever had. Tips were not that good and management was awful BUT it is the meeting place of my current husband David. Apparently he claims he scouted me out on the first day of orientation. It took me awhile to notice him - he was shy and quiet, never really saying much. Once I did notice him though, oooh he made my heart skip a beat. He was a hard worker who I swore wore baby powder deodorant. I never did get to the bottom of that. We still visit that restaurant every once and awhile for old times sake.

2) I hate needles. Ironic huh? I love starting IV's and actually volunteer at work to do them. It is always such an accomplishment for me to get a really good IV. BUT, let me tell you this - I hate needles. I won't get the flu shot, avoid getting my TB tests done at work, and refused epidurals during my deliveries for that very reason. I literally start to panic when I am approached with a needle. Heaven help me if I ever am diagnosed with diabetes.

3) I am obsessed with vacuuming. I love it. I vacuum a lot throughout the day. If I see any new signs of crumbs or dog hair, I just turn on my vacuum and away I go. I won't disclose how many times a day I vacuum (because I'm thinking that will have to be a contest question at some point) but I will say that I don't even bother putting the vacuum back in the closet - I simply leave it out, plugged in and ready to go.

There would be a couple new facts about me. Would anybody like to share something about themselves?

2 comments:

Kim said...

There is something to be said about the wonderful vacuum lines in the carpet that let you know you actually accomplished something by cleaning! My husband says I vacuum too much and he hates the sound!

MerrandaVK said...

LOVE this post. I needed something to make me smile today :)