Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2 Short Years Ago



It is so hard to imagine that 2 short years ago, I was laying in a hospital bed giving birth to my sweet little Paloma Rae. I had the privilege of retelling my
birth story tonight to a coworker (which I love doing) and all of the feelings, emotions, PAIN, came flooding back to me.

It was 3:00 AM that I was awakened by the excitement/mess of my water breaking after having worked a 12 hour shift and contracting every 4 minutes the previous day. I originally told my coworkers that I would not be working New Years Eve/New Years Day which were my designated holidays to work. I knew I would be having my baby. I remember waking up completely thinking I had peed my pants but quickly realizing that was not the case. Dave was less than impressed.
It was 14 hours later with four final pushes that my sweet little 6 lb 7 oz daughter was brought into the world. Oh how I love reminiscing over that magnificent day.

Miss Paloma,
You have blossomed into an incredibly sweet, loving, compassionate and fun little girl. Though our beginning months were less than stellar, we have enjoyed every moment with you. You are an amazing little girl with an incredibly sweet demeanor and a giving heart. We love you to pieces. From all of us - we wish you a very Happy 2nd Birthday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Miss Paloma Rae!! I hope you have a great day!! You are such a beautiful little girl!!
Take Care!
Love to all of you,
Aunt Michelle

Kim said...

Oh, I love hearing the story all over again! I remember getting the message on our answering machine and calling as soon as I got it! You are becoming such a beautiful big girl! I can't believe how long her hair is now! I love the new picture at the top of the page :-)