Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Diversion Tactic - Part 1


Many of you may know that I struggle with the dreaded hour preceding dinner time. As I have posted on oh so many occasions, it is the time when my children are the neediest - and my anxieties are in high gear as I step in to the KITCHEN. But I have found a solution - at least for the moment. Can you believe a cheap little tea set keeps those girls busy (at least long enough for me to cut vegetables). They would stay even busier if I allowed for real drinks and snacks in their tea set (which for the record, I'm not above doing - but the goal is to eat a good dinner). And the best part is that when Daddy comes home, he is the guest of honor. I have one or two more tricks up my sleeve to calm my nerves and quiet my children from 4-5pm. A patient's mother once suggested drinking a glass of wine during dinner prep and suddenly the anxieties disappear. But I'm thinking if I did that, I' d be passed out on the couch by 7pm. Have yet to try that suggestion. I'll stick with what works.

1 comment:

MerrandaVK said...

Ethny LOVES her tea set too! And I am working on something really fun and easy to do that you might like for the dinner prep time. Watch for a new post soon.

BUT - we are having a 2nd showing tomorrow so i'll be busy cleaning so I may not get to it for a couple of days.

Would be fun to see you in Aug. didn't know you'd be treckin' back.