Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Once again... Thankful Thursday

1) I am thankful that in these times of economic insecurity and financial woes, my family is doing just fine. If you have watched any news in the last week or so, you will know that times are definitely tough and not getting any easier. Our God is good and will bring us through this valley. We are thankfully in a house, driving two vehicles, have money for food & bills, and have two secure jobs. That is definitely more than some can say right now.

2) I am thankful for the 2 hours I was able to get to myself this evening. I so badly needed a couple hours to myself and received that this evening and graciously spent it at the new Aveda Salon in town.

3) I am thankful for my husband's job - although the travel has increased and our family time has dwindled, at least my husband is working and meeting the needs of our family.

4) I am thankful for my family's health. My children are healthy and that is worthy of praise. As I prepare to do the Light the Night walk I am reminded of all of those families who can not say the same. Right now, we have patients dying - whose families are preparing to feel the burden of a devastating loss. Praise God my kids are healthy.

5) Finally, I am thankful that I live in a country where I am able to stand up and proclaim "My God is good and worthy of praise." Whatever your position on this current war is, there have been many selfless individuals who have fought for the wonderful freedom that we have. It is all to often taken for granted. I know I do. Many lives have been lost so that I may have the freedom to write these words. Praise God for our great nation.

Round 2 - complete. What are you thankful for this evening?

No comments: