Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thankful Thursday!

I'm going to start something new - and really hope that you will join with me. I have so much to be thankful for. God is so good and has blessed my family and I with so much. I began reading the book of JOB this morning and have felt compelled to really analyze all the blessings in my life. More on JOB later though. So each week I am going to simply create a list of at least 5 things that I am thankful for. I would encourage you to do the same. Please let me know if you decide to play along. So here goes....

1) I am thankful for my two darling little girls - for their amazing hearts and their amazing personalities. They are so different yet so much alike.

2) I am thankful that my husband should be arriving back into town this evening. He does so much for our family and is greatly missed when he is gone.

3) I am thankful for my job and the amazing people whom I work with. Because of all of Dave's travel I have not been into work as much - and I miss it. I have one particular coworker who has really stepped up to help me out the last couple weeks with schedule changes since Dave's trips came as a bit of a surprise. I am thankful that there are people out there who are willing to help out others even when it inconveniences themselves.

4) I am thankful for the beautiful weather we have been having. It has been so warm - not too hot - but just right! Without the nice weather, I would have been stuck inside with the kids for these last couple of weeks and that would not have made for a pleasant experience.

5) I am thankful for the 35 minutes I was able to have to myself this morning before the children woke up. It is important for me to have a bit of "me" time before starting my day. If I am able to get my quiet time in, drink at least one cup of coffee and brush my teeth before being approached by two tired little faces - I am a happier person. Recently for many different reasons, I haven't' gotten that time. Today was different.

So there it is.....

No comments: