Thursday, June 12, 2008

Veggie Growin Girl




Hi Y'all - I am having so much fun this year with our new garden. I'm so proud of David for putting it in - the girls and I love to go out each day and watch the progress. Today I was out replanting some plants that we have recently lost due to some recent "rough" weather and noticed some new sprouts. Our strawberries are growing nicely but I noticed that Kody(our dalmatian) has been eating the small berries before they can progress to anything spectacular. We also have some broccoli popping through and it appears as if our tomato plants will soon be producing buds. Yeah! To all of you out there who read my blog - and I know who you are - this is your chance to comment to me! I love comments and I would love to hear from some of you about the progress of your garden. I know I have a lot of farming friends and so this is your big chance. Leave me a message and tell me What is growing in your garden?

2 comments:

Kim said...

Heather-
Good job on your garden! Don't you just love to go out and see what you can eat. I am excited to see what happens with the warm weather on the way. We have been eating radishes lately and our carrots and potatoes are taking off like crazy!

MerrandaVK said...

Hey H!
Looks like you have a fine garden growing there. It looks bigger than ours :)

I let Evan pick out the plants this year, as I was thinking we wouldn't be in our house this long, but here we are....

Anyways, he came home with some interesting choices for our garden... WE have some kind of green beans, carrots, green onions, 3 kinds of tomatoes, kohlrabi, jalapenos, and lettuce. I think there was something else too, but I can't remember. Ethny is our water girl. She really takes the garden on, checks on it every morning and waters it everey day. Although with this crazy weather she hasn't had too. I hope we didn't get much damage from all this rain. your garden looks more mature than ours. Keep posting on it, so fun!!