Monday, July 20, 2009

Blog Hop

What a fun theme this week - submitting your favorite recipe.
Well, as many of you may know - or not know - I can't cook. I don't like to cook, I don't take the time to cook, nor am I patient enough for cooking. But, I do have a recipe that I'd love to share and it is one that I have successfully prepared over and over again. It is healthy, 0 points (for all you weight watchers fans), and downright good. AND, I can run out to the garden at any time and pick all of the ingredients needed. Sounds good huh?
So without further ado.....



Marinated Cucumbers

2 medium cucumbers
1 small red onion
1/2 red bell pepper
2/3 cup distilled white vinegar
6 packets sucralose non-caloric sweetener
dash of cayenne pepper

1) Cut cucumbers into thin slices. Add onion and bell pepper








2) Combine vinegar, sweetener and cayenne pepper in a pot. Bring just to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool.

3) Pour vinegar mixture over cucumber mixture. Refrigerate, covered, until chilled. Serve with a slotted spoon!

*Quick note. My red peppers have not turned red yet - so in a pinch we have used our green peppers. The dish is not as pretty but still tastes yummy.



MckLinky Blog Hop

3 comments:

MadeInCanarias said...

Marinated cucumbers are my favorite food. Thanks for sharing!

confused homemaker said...

Hubby's family loves marinated cucumbers, I'll have to pass on the recipe!

happy hopping.

Ms. G said...

Oh, you make me miss my garden. Since I don't have one, do you make deliveries? LOL/JK !

Happy Hopping...