Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I Don't Like You!

I must take a moment to let you all know what I am listening to as I am blogging this afternoon - why? I am actually too busy laughing right now to really think about my next blog post.
I get all of my blogging done while my children are sleeping (or supposed to be sleeping). This afternoon I put both girls down for a nap and then began my blog session. I could hear Mattea kicking the walls, opening drawers, digging in her closet, etc. I let this behavior continue for a few minutes before I made the decision to intervene. Finally, I went in to find Mattea picking out a tank top, tights, and church shoes. I told her to get her little hinder back to bed. When she interceded to say "just a minute, I need a sweatshirt." My tone went up a notch and I then repeated myself - which did not go over well. She began crying and yelling at the top of her lungs, "I don't like you, I like daddy!" So currently as I'm writing this all I hear is "I like my daddy, I don't like you - I don't like you at all, I like my daddy. Where is my daddy? I don't liiiiiike you!" Ok moms - this is not hurting my feelings in the least but have any of you heard these words before? I'm pretty certain it won't be the last time.

2 comments:

the byrd family said...

braidyn told chris the other day, "you're not my friend". that's her new thing...she hasn't said it to me yet...but i'm just waiting for it to happen! our girls are definitely in the same stage right now!!

Kim said...

I can do a little better--I had a student tell me he hated me. The next day he was hugging me and telling me he loved me :-) I'm sure Mattea did the same thing!