Monday, March 16, 2009

Not Me Monday




Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

1. I most certainly did not attempt - in my exhaustive state - to begin a very large pot of coffee for both of my husband and I without the actual coffee pot in place. Anybody who is thinking of doing that - ummm doesn't work so well. Not Me.

2. I absolutely did not have to "dig out" a fancy pair of princess panties from the garbage because I had "accidentally" thrown them away with the pull up that was already in place. My philosophy is 'once in the garbage, always in the garbage.' Not Me.

3. I did not wipe off Mattea's snotty nose this past week with my sleeve when I dug in my pocket and realized I didn't have anything else to use - Definitely not me. (I seem to have this problem - if you remember a few Not Me's ago)

4. I did not ask both of my daughter's this past week who was going to pray at the dinner table. I should know by now that I don't ask - I assign. Anyways, their response in unison (I kid you not) NOT ME

5. I did not leave my children alone at the lunch table for 5 minutes to touch up my hair and makeup before leaving for the afternoon. I of all people know that disasters can happen in 5 minutes. Paloma's finger was not drawing all over the table with pudding. I did not raise my voice and ask "Paloma what are you doing." Her response was not "dwaaing BJ and Baby Bop" Really - with pudding. Creative overkill. Not me

6. And last but not least, I did not awaken in a panic on Sunday morning when I got up and realized the power had gone out. I did not find the actual time eventually and realize it was 6:15 AM. Wouldn't be a problem except that I need to leave my house by 6:15 to get to work by 7:00AM. I did not scare my husband out of bed by proclaiming the power had gone out and I was going to be late for work. He did not jump out of bed calmly say "oh no" and run downstairs to pack my lunch and start some coffee (pot in place.) I did not throw off my clothes, start the shower, and then look over at my alarm clock before jumping into a too hot shower. I did not just then realize that the entire clock had been "ripped" out of the wall. I absolutely did not explain my findings - or rather blame my husband - for my finding on my way downstairs. He then politely did not then inform me that when he went to bed at 2AM the clock was intact....leaving still a mystery of what happened to the "ripped out clock." It certainly was NOT ME who would ever be so hesitant to arise in the morning.

1 comment:

april said...

Oh no! I've made a pot of coffee without the pot before! What a mess and always at a bad time.