Thursday, August 28, 2008

Catching Up...


During my short stay in Wisconsin, I was fortunate enough to meet up with a couple of good friends whom I haven't seen for quite awhile. My friend Merranda and I have know each other FOREVER it seems. I met her back in high school when we worked at Dairy Queen together and then have been lucky enough to maintain our friendship through the years. Between the two of us we have 2 husbands, 5 children, 3 pets, 1 minivan, 100 headaches, 1000 smiles, and an endless number of stories that would keep you up laughing all night. After breakfast on this particular morning, I asked her son (who is such a sweet little boy) to take a picture of us. He was too quick for us as evidenced by the above picture, but did catch a good one of us below.

Merranda - thank you for taking the time out to visit and I am so happy that we were able to talk even if it was over smiley pancakes with interruptions of potties and itchies. Life is so good and so different these days huh?

Ohhhhh - this would be my long time friend Naomi. I met Naomi in 7th grade when I walked up to her on the way to Science class and asked why she wasn't wearing a bra? Who would have thought our friendship would survive? Pictured to the far right is her beautiful daughter Novelyn. We met up for breakfast - where else - Fayzees and enjoyed some great conversation. Oh Miss Naomi - an hour just wasn't enough - but one day my friend, we'll have a quiet moment to steal away for a latte and raspberry scone....

1 comment:

MerrandaVK said...

TOO FUNNY!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!
I had a great time too... thank goodness that oj cures the itchies.