Saturday, February 6, 2010

We Have A New 5 Year Old

You heard it right ~ my sweet little Mattea turned 5 today!



Exciting yet scary to think about. I look ahead at all the upcoming possibilities in this little girl's life ~ kindergarten, reading, making new friends, riding a 2 wheeler, learning to write, etc but it means the less and less control I have over her. Sure, I still maintain the "drivers seat" per se, (as a co-pilot with God of course) but there are so many more influences entering my little girls life.



That could be a whole other post, I'm not going deep on this one. I'm just simply here to blog some very fun pictures of our special 'Hello Kitty' birthday party that we threw yesterday after preschool.



We rented out the community center after class let out and invited a few of our friends to come and enjoy lunch and a little playtime at Kid Zone (the indoor climbing area.)



I enlisted the help of my friend Darcy when it came to the cake. She is a phenomenal person who has so many talents ~ many that I'd love to tap into. But her most recent talent is making birthday cakes. Holy smokes, as you can see by the picture above, she did a great job.



The kids loved admiring the "ginormous" kitty and were excited about picking out their own special piece.



Mattea took a minute to admire the beautiful birthday cake...



before making her special wish and blowing out all 5 candles.




There were lots of smiles



and lots of giggles



and lots of memories. Happy Birthday sweet girl! Mommy and daddy love you very much!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Happy birthday again, Mattea! It looks like you had a great time! I can't believe you are already 5 years old! It has been so fun to see you grow and change. You are becoming a funny, sweet and smart little girl. Hope the next year is good to you and that God continues to bless you every day! I love the cake!!