Friday, January 15, 2010

When Life Give You Lemons.....

You make cocoa craisin scones of course.




Or at least that is what the girls and I did this morning when I woke up to a sick 5 year old who was unable to go to school making an unhealthy, bitter mommy who was unable to go to the gym.



Oh well - New Year's resolution was to go with the flow. Actually, that was not my New Year's resolution because I simply do not make New Year's resolutions but I decided that if I was going to make a change for the better this year it would be to relax and enjoy the everyday ups and downs of parenting. So that is what I did, kind of.



Actually my newly turned 3 year old peanut allergy child begged me for muffins this morning and when I went to the pantry, opened the door and discovered I only had banana nut - I had to think fast. Uhhhh, pull out the cookbook (something I hadn't done since the first week I was married.) Luckily I had the ingredients to make scones and I had two willing helpers. Too bad I didn't have chocolate chips on hand (because I consumed the remainder of the bag a week or so ago during PMS). Instead, (remember rolling with the flow) I chose some leftover craisins from the pantry. Oh well, girls didn't seem to mind.



I had some enthusiastic helpers and some enthusiastic taste testers. I must say, they really didn't taste all that bad.



Thanks girls for a wonderful, fun filled, memory making morning. Love Ya!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Looksm like fun!