Friday, January 15, 2010

Ta Da!!!

After:
1) medicating 1 sick child
2) baking cocoa, craisin scones
3) washing 5 loads of laundry
4) pretending to be the Schwann man
5) playing barbies
6) taking a shower
7) cleaning up the kitchen
8) checking my email
9) paying bills
10) reading 101 books to my children
11) texting daddy to keep him informed of the day's events
12) planning an upcoming birthday party

and

13) twittering

I managed to make this.....



A tiramisu torte for my small group - the small group I didn't get to attend. A little sad about that but the fruits of my labor, I am not. Because I held a hand mixer for over 30 min in an attempt to "fluffy up" my frosting, I now have carpel tunnel. The whipping creme was against me today and never really "fluffied up" so that is why the sides are naked - but pretend they aren't. What do you think?

I have come to the realization that if I am going to be partaking in these cooking shanangans, I need a kitchenaid. 30+ min with a hand held mixer is ridiculous. Shout out if you agree!!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I got to taste the "fruits" of your labor and it was DELISH!!! Please send the receipe...

So sorry you missed group - we missed you. And yes, Brenda and I both decided we're going to start looking on Craig's list to get you a kitchenaid mixer.

Hope M feels better!

Kim said...

Yum!! That looks so good! You can send the recipe my way too, but I'm not sure that I want to spend 30 minutes with a hand mixer, either :-)