Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Guess Who's "Toofless"



The day FINALLY arrived. After being informed of her very first tooth being loose almost 6 weeks ago, we were finally able to yank it out the other night. I say "we" but really mean "Dave." I hate wiggly, bloody, half rooted teeth. This is the one area of child rearing that I'm using my "Get Out of Jail Free" card. In fact, Dave tried to extract it a couple of weeks ago and it made him sick to his stomach. But, I told him (in a very nice way of course) to man up and yank the sucker out so the Tooth Fairy can come and the anticipation can finally end.



Both are still smiling after the incident so it couldn't have been that bad. I ran to the other room.....



and grabbed my photo later. It was a big day and there was a lot of excitement. I tried so hard to be excited for her but felt very bad about lying to her about some tiny little fairy flying around delivering treasure for a bloody old tooth. We have not lied about a jolly old guy delivering gifts or a giant bunny hopping around delivering eggs. But we are choosing to down right lie about the tooth fairy. I feel blatantly bad about breaking one of the ten commandments but there has to be a clause when it comes to your kids right??? Round 2 will be occurring soon as that very night, Mattea discovered another loose tooth located right next to the new hole. Great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather, you crack me up! I was able to ward off the tooth fairy when I offered Hannah a trip to Claire's. She actually had 3 teeth pulled at the dentist office because she had two permanent teeth coming in and the baby teeth would not budge. The next day, one of her friends said the tooth fairy really is your parents! LOL I just think she didn't want to sleep with her teeth under her pillow! Ha! ps- I'm with you, I don't like loose teeth either!
Laura