Friday, August 6, 2010

Mountain Memories

Last weekend, our family packed up (more like stuffed) the Pilot with just about everything we thought we needed for an overnight camping trip and headed to the mountains for a much needed "break." I'm not sure you can actually consider tent camping a break - but it was fun to get away from the day to day ruckus of the city life.



The girls were so excited and couldn't wait to help me pack up their stuff. I ended up taking at least 15 pairs or panties and 10 stuffed animals. I tried my best to assure them we didn't quite need ALL that stuff but the girls were convinced we did.






We played in the sand, splashed in the water, and attempted to catch up on some much needed rest and relaxation.









And who can resist late night smores?






The girls unfortunately did not get out of doing chores. But for some reason, doing dishes in the mountains is WAY more fun!



Paloma was so convinced she was going to find a bug to catch in her bug net. No luck.



We have 2 more camping trips planned this summer. I may actually end up liking this stuff by the end of the summer. Do y'all have any camping stories you'd like to share. I would love for you to jump off google reader and leave me a message.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Wow! I'm impressed that Dave got you out camping for a second year in a row! Glad you had a great time!