Sunday, April 18, 2010

Imagination



At my house, free play involves nothing but creativity and imagination. My kids have a knack for it. Every time I turn around, they are playing nurse, Costco lady, Schwann man, delivery room, shoe salesman, and now married people.

Not to long ago, we hosted a wedding at my house. Both Mattea and Paloma wanted to get dressed up and get married. They often look at our wedding album and ask a lot of questions - which I never mind. Of course, it is a learning tool for me to talk about the institution of marriage and how absolutely wonderful it is. They are still in the fairytale bubble that they will be marrying their daddy - and I just don't have the heart to tell them that that Prince Charming is already taken. I do hope they find men that are just as wonderful and godly as their daddy though.

So the girls got dressed up, put on some fancy jewelry, gathered some accessories, and asked if I would watch their ceremony. They took turns walking up and down the aisle. Their time will come - more quickly than I'd like I'm sure. But it made for a nice, cute, imaginative afternoon.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh, I love it! I wish I could have been a guest at that wonderful wedding.