Thursday, September 3, 2009

Where in the world is????

I can't believe I've been so disconnected from email, facebook, twitter, blogger. Wow, I have to say that I love my technology but I have loved my free flow, hang with friends, eat at fun deli's, tour beautiful Colorado life that I have been living for the last couple days. I must have at least 100 pictures but failed to bring the adaptor (divine intervention) which means I'll have quite a few posts to do when I get back. But to catch everyone up...

Travel day went well. My kids did great. I even had a gentleman stand up after the flight to come over to me and tell me my kids were "a hoot." They laughed and giggled for the entire flight from Salt Lake City to Denver. They have been troopers and stuck with this crazy whirlwind travel itinerary that we had planned.
The second day meant running daddy to and from meetings in downtown Denver. During that time, the girls and I visited the aquarium and Children's Museum. They had fun but man they were tired.
As the day was coming to a close, we packed up the car and made the drive to Boulder to visit my long time friend Dena and her family. I have a ton of pictures to post but of course the adaptor is sitting at my house....

It was so nice to see her and her family again. When we lived in New Mexico we saw each other several times a week, attended weight watchers together, had many a play dates, frequented Starbucks together and swapped babysitting on more than one occasion. I met Dena while starting out my first nursing job in Labor and Delivery at University of New Mexico Hospital. Since then, we have became friends, despite each leaving New Mexico for other states. Her girls are growing so fast and become quite a bunch of young ladies (4 to be exact).

After spending the night and all day yesterday with the Nichols family, we are now back in Arvada running around the condo - laying low today. The girls desperately want to go back to the Children's Museum today, but Dave and I simply want to sleep - so we'll see. This evening we are headed to Firestone to visit another set of friends that we haven't seen in awhile. We are excited to see them and meet their two new children.

We are having fun - kids included. The older they get the easier travel becomes. I have packed no diapers, bottles, sippy cups, special snacks, etc. The girls each packed a backpack of toys, books, dolls etc. I'll hopefully update soon and load some pictures as soon as I can. Can't wait to share our travels. Adios!

3 comments:

Kim said...

OH, I'm so ready for a nice vacation like that! (didn't I just have 3 months off???) Sounds like a good time. Glad to hear Dena and her girls are doing well. Must have been fun to see them all again! Can't wait for the pictures!

Jenn said...

I WENT TO UNM!! When did you work there?

Go Lobos!

nurseheather said...

i worked in labor and delivery in 2001-2003 - if i remember correctly. my husband graduated from unm with his masters degree in biology. miss the green chilli