Thursday, February 21, 2008

Husband of the Year

This is my wonderful husband David. I love this picture because it radiates who he is in all aspects. No matter what is going on in the world around him or even within the walls of our family, he is always smiling. He is a wonderful husband, partner, friend, and father. I am truly blessed and honored to be called his wife. I am writing this post because this gorgeous, smiling, lovable guy is approaching his 35th birthday. Birthdays are big at the Dean House. It was the hand picked day that God decided to bring you into this world. Huge!!! So I thought I would pay tribute to the Husband of the Year in honor of his birthday. That's right, in case you didn't catch that - my husband is Husband of the Year. And in case I ever forget, David reminds me of that. When I sit down for dinner after working late, I'll thank him and hear "Of course, I'm husband of the year." Or when I get home and 5 loads of laundry will be folded and put away, I'll thank him and hear "You bet, I'm husband of the year." Or better yet, when he brings my children into work to visit after a long weekend away from them, again, I'll thank him and hear "Heather - I'm husband of the year." Most of the time I laugh it off or roll my eyes, but down deep I whisper to myself - Your right. Thanks for all you do. WE LOVE YOU !!

1 comment:

MerrandaVK said...

I am so glad that God blessed you with such a great partner, and what a sweet tribute!