Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Happy Anniversary To Me

Can you believe it.  10 years already.  I completely remember my wedding day like it was yesterday.  I pulled out my wedding album, watched my wedding video, and simply relished in the awesomeness of the day.  Not that I went into my marriage thinking it wouldn't last, but the stark reality is 50% of marriages don't last.  I am so proud to say that we are still kickin it and the last decade has been a magnificent journey.  On the morning of my wedding, I remember thinking how glorious the day was, how handsome my husband was, and how in love I was and would always be.  Reality check - I was 24 and slightly giddy and naive.  Not truly realizing the journey that laid before us, I calmly said "I do," kissed my wedded husband and hopped on my carriage and rode away to what I thought would be 'happily ever after.'
 
 

Now, don't get me wrong.  I definitely feel like I'm living one big fairytale.  Some days I feel like Cinderella, and other days I feel like the dreaded step sisters.  But through it all, I have a wonderful and amazing man who has supported me, loved me, and placed my needs above his own more times that I can count.  He has given me two beautiful and amazing little girls and a home that is stable, secure, and full of love.  Now, if that doesn't sound like a fairytale worthy of publishing, then I dont' know what is.  We have surely had our fair share of trials and disappointments.  We have had hurt feelings, angry words, loud arguments, and yes - nights where we have slept on the couch.  I must add though - those events have lessened and lessened through the years as we have both learned what our God given roles are in marriage.  As I have gained a few years in experience, I have also gained wisdom and humility.  Both essential for a healthy marriage.

So a very happy anniversary to my wonderful partner of 10 years. May the next 10 be as amazing as the past.  I love you with all my heart.

No comments: