Thursday, July 15, 2010

Continuing Down The Wisconsin Path

Ok y'all, it is time to continue on the photo tour of our recent trip to Wisconsin. After visiting with family on Saturday and Sunday, we packed into our rented minivan and headed to Wisconsin Dells where we were able to stay at a stupendous resort with my parents. If you have ever been to Wisconsin Dells, you know that it is a town of pure bliss. Food galore, just about anything you want to do you can find it there, and of course it is geared around children. I experienced it as a child and couldn't wait to let my kids share in the same enthusiasm.

Here is a picture of Paloma and grandpa as they enjoyed the circus we took in while we were there.



On our first day, we stopped and visited a place called Storybook Gardens. Had several animals and then it incorporated many of the all time classic stories into the tour. For example, we visited Jack from 'Jack and the Beanstalk,' saw Humpty Dumpty sitting on his wall, encountered and sat on Cinderella's carriage, and toured a life size doll house. Cheesy for the adults, but fun for the kids.

I was the only one brave enough to feed the giraffes. Holy buckets do those guys have long, slobbery tongues. But they were so sweet and gentle, a little greedy with the food, but sweet nonetheless.



Mattea was brave enough to feed some animals as well. Paloma was a bit more reserved but did come around. Her hesitation was definitely more than her sister's.



My two fairy princesses being whisked away to the ball....



Humpty Dumpty.....



The next few pics are from the deer park we visited. I know my mom kept talking about it before we arrived and I remember thinking to myself, "I'm not going to any stinkin deer park." But to be quite honest, it was fun. The deer were so tame and there were literally hundreds running around freely, willing to meet you along the path as long as you had snack in hand. I especially enjoyed watching the girls faces as they deer would surprise them from behind and try and swipe their snacks. I'm glad we listened to dear old grandma and went.









Have you had enough of the Wisconsin pictures yet? Good, there are more to come....

1 comment:

Kim said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! I'm so sorry we missed that--Bennett would have especially loved the deer!