Monday, July 12, 2010

Back To Reality

Where have I been you may ask. Well, the girls and I took a week long vacation back to the Midwest - my old homeland. Feeling like the kids needed to get back to visit family and also feeling like I needed some time away, David graciously donated all of his frequent flyer miles so the girls and I could head out to the very humid, sticky, hot lands of Wisconsin.

If you are not too interested in reading about family fun, silly adventures, or boring old stories - feel free to skip ahead to past posts. I'll mostly be posting a lot of pictures and reminiscing about the fun we had in good ole' cheese land.

To begin, we flew in on Sat. the 3rd. Great grandma Stockers came over that night for yummy home cooked food (including my dad's potato salad) and came outside to enjoy a few fireworks and sparklers. It took her awhile to get going, but once she did, great-grandma didn't want to stop ~ in fact she almost refused to go home.



A few pictures of the girls and their sparklers.



Never too old for fun...





And then of course, it was not a problem falling fast asleep that evening. After a long day of travel and a long night of fun, the girls were exhausted.



The next morning, after a fairly sleepless night, the girls woke up to grandpa's homemade pancakes. I think if I remember correctly, Mattea ate 3. I grabbed a large coffee and the family and I packed into the rented minivan and headed to see Great grandma Trulson.



After a brief visit, we passed some time at McDonald's play land where the kids worked on some very cute arts and crafts while trying to dodge the torrential downpour that was occurring outside. We enjoyed dinner with my Uncle Denny and then of course some more fireworks to commemorate the 4th of July.





And I do believe that is where I'm going to end the "Journey to Wisconsin" post. Much more to come for sure, but reality is calling and I must attempt some housework (although I will say my husband worked very hard while we were away cleaning, doing windows, laundry, yard work, grocery shopping, cleaning the garage....so it is not like I have a ton to do, but duty calls.)

Stay tuned for another round tomorrow.....

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm glad you hear you had a good visit with the great-grandmas. The sparkles look like fun!