Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Little Things in Life




Before I started blogging, my friend Merranda had told me that she uses blogging as a way of seeing the "little things" that happen during the day and being grateful for them. I now know what she was talking about. Sometimes I truly feel like my life has been reduced to cleaning, laundry, chores, and mindless errands. Some days I'm completely overwhelmed with all the "stuff" I need to do. But then in those fun free hours of the afternoon when the girls and I pull out the camera, I am reminded of the "little things" such as Mattea's funny faces and the infrequent smiles of my little Paloma that make up my day. Being a parent is hard and being a GOOD parent is even harder but it is the smiles of these two little angels that make it all worth it and I thank God daily for them.

No comments: